About Non Clinical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Non Clinical jobs at Texas Children's Hospital, you’ll be a key member of the Texas Children's Hospital team. Professionals in Non Clinical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Non Clinical job to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job in Non Clinical at Texas Children's Hospital may be waiting for you!
Decision Support Analyst Sr
Decision Support Analyst, Sr
Texas Children's Hospital is an internationally recognized full-care pediatric hospital located in the Texas Medical Center in Houston. One of the best pediatric hospitals in the United States, Texas Children's Hospital is dedicated to providing the finest possible pediatric patient care, education and research.
Texas Children's is nationally ranked in the top five among children's hospitals by both Child magazine and U.S. News & World Report. The hospital has garnered widespread recognition for its expertise and breakthrough developments in the treatment of cancer, diabetes, asthma, HIV, premature babies, and cardiogenic and attention-related disorders.
No third party considerations will be accepted at this time. Vendors please do not call HR directly to solicit.
Job ID: 129147
PURPOSE: To maintain a framework in which the Hospital’s financial and statistical performance can be continually measured.
1. Maintains daily, weekly, and monthly processing of EPSi from source systems. Also yearly tables and other adhoc loads and processes
2. Develops and maintains activity costing calculations
3. Validation and manipulation of source system information so that extracted information for the EPSi system is meaningful
4. Identifies differences between actual results and budgeted units of service and also monitors for significant changes in trends
5. Prepares monthly financial reports and analyses for departments and also for Financial Council meetings where needed and as scheduled
6.. Meet with leaders and other customers to understand scope, essential details, and required timeframe of the special project request
7. Utilizes the EPSi decision support system and other sources of information to assimilate and analyze data and present results to management with proposed outcomes
FORMAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is knowledge of Generally Accepted Acounting Principles (GAAP), knowledge of budgeting processes and principles, knowledge of financial analysis, financial modeling and reporting principles, and cost accounting processes and principles.
Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is the use of Microsoft applications including Excel (intermediate level proficiency or above required). Strong computer aptitude required. EPSi Decision Support system experience preferred. The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing is essential; ability to prioritize, organize, and manage time effectively. Requires analytical thinking, attention to detail, and multi-tasking.
Formal Education and Experience
The formal education and experience required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of five (5) years of decision support and/or costing accounting experience in a health related organization is required
- No similar jobs available