About Educator Jobs
By being hired into one of our Educator jobs at Texas Children's, you’ll be a key member of the Texas Children's team. Professionals in Educator careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Educator job to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job as an Educator at Texas Children's may be waiting for you!
RCET Training Educator (EPIC)
Job ID: 127663
RCET Training Educator (EPIC)
Salary Grade: 12
Texas Children's Hospital is an internationally recognized full-care pediatric hospital located in the Texas Medical Center in Houston. One of the best pediatric hospitals in the United States, Texas Children's Hospital is dedicated to providing the finest possible pediatric patient care, education and research.
Texas Children's is nationally ranked in the top five among children's hospitals by both Child magazine and U.S. News & World Report. The hospital has garnered widespread recognition for its expertise and breakthrough developments in the treatment of cancer, diabetes, asthma, HIV, premature babies, and cardiogenic and attention-related disorders.
No third party considerations will be accepted at this time. Vendors please do not call HR directly to solicit.
Knowledge of Epic applications is required. Knowledge of various training methodologies is required for completely satisfactory performance in this job. A general knowledge of PC hardware, networks and mainframe systems is also required. Knowledge of Revenue Cycle operations including Hospital and Provider billing processes and/or ancillary services is desired. Maintain computer skills up-to-date by attending continuing education courses.
Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job are excellent verbal and written communication, excellent customer service, presentation skills, well-organized, Adobe Captivate, computerized report generation, LMS, iMac, and word processing skills, detail orientation, and ability to identify physician signatures. The ability to demonstrate effective organizational and planning skills; utilize logic; demonstrate team-oriented work habits; demonstrate good interpersonal skills; effectively teach varying levels of students; cope with variable training conditions and hours; and work with minimal supervision. Desktop publishing skills are desired.
FORMAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The formal education and/or experience required for completely satisfactory performance in this job are as follows:
¿ Experienced trainer in Revenue Cycle/EPIC application preferred
¿ Bachelor¿s degree in a healthcare related or teaching field.
¿ A minimum of four (3) years related work experience.
¿ In lieu of a Bachelor¿s degree, four (4) years of related work experience may be substituted. Experience in training and development (program design, development, presentation and development) is mandatory
To lead in the design, development, implementation of PFS training programs and education projects as to enhance the competency, performance and professional development of all PFS staff and Management. Training/Education duties will include assisting PFS and non PFS staff who participate in appointment, scheduling, registration, charge capture and other similar process that support Revenue Cycle ¿ both Hospital billing and Physician billing. Other activities include develop/maintain EPIC training environment, develop and present EPIC competencies for PFS staff, develop/maintain training document (following RCET approved standards) create and design training video¿s (adobe captivate/iMovie) manage bi-monthly RCET newsletter (video/interactive functionality) and update and maintain RCET Learning Management system.
1. Develops and delivers structured and customized in-house training and importance development programs for all PFS end users
- Conducts management and staff training programs to provide an effective and interactive learning environment as needed to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
- Facilitates or co-facilitates customized training, team building and development programs for PFS/EPIC.
2. Provides expertise for Revenue Cycle/EPIC training for PFS staff
- Designs standards and ensures that all Training Team members are utilizing standards in the pursuit of their training objectives and consistency
- Delivers individualized instruction where necessary to ensure that all training team members meet their training deadlines and goals.
3. Actively participates in PFS Education Team Planning and Non-Team Training
- Participates in all End User Trainer, Super User, and End User training as available.
- Participates in Education Team Meeting and Development Planning.
4. Actively participates in RCET upgrade projects and RCET monthly maintence
- Participate in all Test Environment builds including scenario and process build
- Assist/Participate/Design in bi-yearly RCET SharePoint upgrades. Upgrades include but not limited to video functionality, Adobe Captivate process flow video, and interactive ¿ask the trainer¿ functionality.
5. Actively participates in the design and implementation of the yearly PFS Competency Evaluation
- Develop in the design and build of the PFS Competency Evaluation including but not limited to project schedule, project timeline and task responsibilities.
- Create and design PFS Competency Evaluation curriculum theme, questions build and communication plan.